Sunday, October 10, 2010

Candids: Day 3

Your idea of the perfect first date:

The perfect first date is one that doesn't have to happen.  First dates are usually so uncomfortable.  You're trying to get to know someone and decide if it's even worth it to get to know them better.  I have had some really brilliant moments on first dates where I look back and wonder what on earth I was thinking! 

(We're the two in white shirts at the back)

Michael and I never really had a first date.  I mean, technically we did because that's the way numbers work, but we never had the awkward "would you like to go out with me" sort of event.  We got to know each other by  hanging out with mutual friends.  We were friends with no intentions of dating.  When we surprised ourselves by flirting back and forth it wasn't the usual "so where does your family live?"  "what do you like to do in your spare time?" situation.  We already knew all that.  There was the usual should I hold her hand? did he just lean my way on purpose? sorts of moments, but they were involved in every-day matters, not technical dates.  It made it much more comfortable for both of us.  Our "first date" was weeks after our first kiss which was months after we'd become friends.

I look forward to never having a first date again!

2 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

I have to agree. I am glad I dont have to date or worry about silly things like how I look. ;)

Stacey said...

I love the pic. I can't believe that was 10 years ago!

I only had one first date that was awkward,thank goodness.