Your Favorite Musician and Why
Are you kidding me?!?! Yeah, I can't pick just one. I listen to a pretty wide variety of music. Everything from The Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Creed. With Tchaikovsky, the Anastasia soundtrack and Rascal Flatts in between. Well, here are a few particulars:
Classical:
I grew up listening to classical music. I really enjoy it actually. I like a lot of the standards, but have a wide selection on some cds from a class for my music minor that's fun to listen to also (everything from Gregorian Chants to some crazy modern stuff). One CD I like to put in is called Ballet Favorites or something like that. One of my favorite pieces on it is the Romeo and Juliette Fantasy Overture. It's about 20 minutes long, but you can hear the whole R&J story in it!
Jazz:
Grew up on this too. I actually haven't listened to it a lot lately mostly just because it hasn't been sitting in front of my nose. It makes awesome cleaning music though. Big Band music is a lot of fun too. I like a lot of the jazz greats. I'm afraid I can't think of an off the top of my head example right now. Oops! Little known fact: I played in the middle school jazz band in 7th and 8th grade. It was pretty much expected of me since the band director had previously taught all my older brothers and sisters who were fantastic in the jazz band. I was terrible. I played piano one year and was totally intimidated. The second year he switched me to tenor sax. I did a bit better, but it was a new instrument to me so I was learning it as I went. I never was great, but I love listening to it anyway.
Alternative:
Yup, I do enjoy some alternative music. In fact, I would listen to more of it if it didn't make me so nervous! My kids pick up everything from music around them, though, so too much of this genre is just not appropriate. I got tired of having to change the station so frequently and practically gave it up. Creed is one of my favorite groups, but I like several others also.
Country:
Gasp! I used to be very anti-country music. I actually still don't like most of the country music more than about 10 years old. The modern country music I like much better. It's a safer bet for just turning on a radio station too, which is mostly why I started listening to it at all. A lot of it is based on family, patriotism and religion. Yeah, they have the requisite number of drinking songs too... but in general it's good stuff. Right now I'm listening to my Rascal Flatts station on Pandora. It also has a lot of Taylor Swift, Kenney Chesney, Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood, etc. This is my usual "background noise" or "singing along" station. The girls love this music also. The twangy whiny stuff I can do without.
Etc.:
I like the occasional soundtrack (Anastasia, Lion King, High School Musical... it's true.) I also enjoy Aqua, Michael Buble, Sarah Brightman, Salsa music, and more!
When I was in the hospital recently I had a reaction to some of the meds resulting in auditory hallucinations (among other things). It surprised me the amount of Italian opera my brain played in the background! There was other stuff too, more predictable things, but the Italian opera surprised me.
You should hear Sabrina sing Katie Perry's "Hot and Cold". Very funny. Kate's favorite is "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift. Lizzie sings along with everything! So there's your run down on what I listen to. One of our favorite cds in the car for all of us is the Phineas and Ferb soundtrack. It's all about awesome :D
No comments:
Post a Comment