Saturday, October 30, 2010

Candids: Day 22

A letter to someone who has hurt you recently


Well I guess I'm supposed to take this in an "other than face value" way.  Honestly, if someone had offended me should I really write them a letter and post it publicly on my blog?!  Yeah, I don't think so either.  So that leaves you with the following more physically damaging options:

Physical Therapist
Surgeon (which one?  take your pick)
Phlebotomist
stool that broke and took the injury out on my ankle
>insert recently removed or repaired body part here<

Let's face it, you already have heard more rants than you'd ever hoped for against all these pains. 

So I'm going to change the "assignment":

A letter to someone who has helped you recently
[I will not enter names because you all know who you are.]

Dear >insert applicable name here<
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for putting your own life on hold in order to make mine a priority for a moment at least.  When life has been chaotic, scary, and painful I have been surrounded by people who have prayed, hoped, cleaned, cooked, tended, checked up, and loved.  I know that I would not be in the physical or emotional place I am right now without all the love and support.  I have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of blessings from the Lord, many of which have come through you.
I may eventually forget some specifics, but I will never forget how blessed I have been through each of you.
Love,
Janelle

1 comment:

Jenn said...

What a sweet post. I loved how you changed it to something positive!