Friday, October 29, 2010

Candids: Day 21

A photo of something that makes you happy

You should not be surprised by now to have more than a single photo to look at here.

My blanket and teddy bear

Michael got me this blanket when I was going in for my last surgery.  It is super soft and snuggly and warm.  It's like a big hug.  During my hospital stay I liked to cuddle with my blanket, but because I kept pushing such a high temperature they kept trying to take it away.  The mean nurse even tried to take it away when I just had it next to me! (Not on top of me).  I just needed something snugglier than those wretched thin hospital blanket thingies.  (Apparently I don't have a picture already on this computer of the blanket.  This will give you the general idea, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMzv_rnU5l0 )
My teddy bear's name is Nellie.  Yup, named after me.  As an egocentric 5 year old I named my teddy bear after myself.  Awesome.  She's become quite threadbare over the years, but she's still very cuddly.  Whenever I got a new animal over the years I'd make sure to let Nellie sleep closer to me at night so she wouldn't feel jealous or threatened.


Flowers

 Whether it's a sweaty palm full of bent dandelions or a vase full of cultivated lilies and roses, I do love flowers.  They lend such an opportunity to say everything without ever opening your mouth. 


Sunshine

I love having all the blinds open so the sunshine comes in during the day.  It's so warm, bright, fresh, and delightful.  Alas, I married a troglodyte.  When Michael gets home the blinds get SHUT.  It's too hot, too glaring, or too bright.  >sigh<   Good thing I love him more.  ;)  I love a Sunday afternoon nap in a patch of sunshine stretched out or curled up like a cat.  (This is not to be mistaken for heat, which I do not love.  I am particularly susceptible to heat exhaustion so there's a bit of a fine line there.)

Craft Supplies
Having something to mess with makes me happy.  Whether it's fabric, ribbon, beads and wire, papers, yarn...  I haven't found a crafting style that I didn't want to try out yet.  There are a few that I don't get along with, however.  Knitting and I are not friends.  Crocheting is fine, but knitting apparently is too much for me.  And I'm not great at modern scrapbooking.  I do much better on the computer for that.  But jewelry making, sewing, hair-bow-ing, etc.... those are all lots of fun :)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I love sunshine and craft supplies too. I just wish I had the time to make more crafts. I'm more of a collector until my kids get older. :)