Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's my birthday! (or at least it *was*)

A few days ago was my birthday. The girls got to each pick out something for me the day before (off the candy aisle, lol).  That morning they were excited to wrap my presents.  Daddy suggested they each use a gift bag from the stash and add some paper.  Kate chose a smallish bag and filled the empty space with cut out and colored hearts.  Lizzie chose a medium sized bag and crumpled several pieces of printer paper to spread around the gift.  (They coudn't find any tissue paper).  Sabrina used a HUGE bag.  Alongside my gift was a stack of 7 or 8 pieces of paper, carefully slipped in together.  Daddy said paper, so Mommy gets paper! 
Yes, we opened presents just after I got out of bed, so I'm looking pretty rumpled and wrapped in my snuggly robe.







 We had Lucky Charms for breakfast.  We got to go to one a baptism that morning for a nephew on Michael's side of the family and stopped by the luncheon afterwards.  It was a lovely baptism, and I even got an impromptu singing of "Happy Birthday" headed up by a couple of brother-in-laws and there was a Happy Birthday banner up for me.  :) 
When we left the girls got to play at home with a favorite friend of theirs tending them while Michael and I went out on a date.  We saw "Megamind" (which was quite fun) and wandered around a bit at the mall.  I got to wear my turquoise jewelry with my pashmina.  Michael ordered me some really nice new makeup two and a half weeks before my birthday so it would definitely be there, but long story short... it wasn't.  In fact, it's been a good 3 weeks now and it still hasn't arrived!  Grrrr.  But I got a lovely new ring that fits me (since I out-grew my proper wedding ring many pounds ago) and the turquoise jewelry was technically an early present as well.  Oh, and my new haircut also was part of the deal.  I feel all prettied up!  Or at least I'm sure I'd feel that way if I actually got my new makeup.  It was a great day, though, and I'm glad I was born :)

2 comments:

Tami said...

Happy Birthday!

Stacey said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! You look fab in the last pic. :)