Saturday, November 6, 2010

Looking Ahead:

So now I'm 31 years old.  That means that I am no longer "30", I'm "in my 30's".  So far it feels a lot like being 30, though.  I decided to create a list of 31 goals I'd like to accomplish in my 31st year of life.   I'll try to remember to check back in one year to see how I did.   I'm choosing goals which are not time sensitive (that's why I didn't include "send Christmas cards" or "make Easter dresses").  I want a full year to accomplish any one of these goals.  I do not want to set myself up for failure within the next few weeks.

1- Sew at least one new item of clothing for me.
2- Make living room curtains (hopefully for our own home)
3- Go one mile (run/walk) in 12 minutes or less
4- Clean out and sort jewelry boxes
5- Catch up one year of scrapbooks
6- Read the entire Book of Mormon
7- Get a new family picture taken
8- Clean out my bedroom closet
9- Sort my craft type items (including sewing)
10- Make a new temple dress (does not fulfill goal #1)
11- Be involved in at least one PTA project at the elementary school
12- Get last year's blog book printed and bound
13- Make some nice hair pretties for MY daughters
14- Read some classic literature
15- Plant something and keep it alive
16- Improve dysphonia to be able to sing again with less pain
17- Learn two new hymns on the piano
18- Plan and enjoy a family vacation (even if it has to be in Utah County)
19- Back up all digital photos on new DVDs (or other storage device) and store safely
20- Participate in fruit and vegetable co-op when possible and learn new ways to enjoy produce
21- Create a 7 generation pedigree chart
22- Finish quilts for the girls' beds
23- Take a class through the community programs
24- Follow FlyLady principles to get/keep the house in a happy state
25- Read a book by a church leader
26- Spend $1,000 to improve financial outlook (pay off debt faster, put in savings, etc.)
27- Look at the stars more
28- Clean the Sharpie "artwork" off the playroom walls
29- Update our family's emergency preparedness
30- Learn to use the lenses and settings on my camera
31- Return and report progress on my goals

No comments: