Today was the annual parade the girls and I attend. Michael is NOT a fan of parades, but I think they're kinda fun. The Springville parade is one hour long and they throw lots of candy and have lots of floats / horses / cool cars. We come at the last minute, sit in the gutter near the beginning, and wave at everybody :)
There are my girls :)
Waving at more princesses. Lizzie has the parade wave totally down. It's awesome, LOL.
Cinderella!!! She was handing out flyers for birthday party appearances. The girls had fun talking to her for a moment, though.
Sabrina got this little "finder glass' (Magnifying glass). She was looking through it and said "Whoa! I'm looking at your big bubble head, Mom!" I can tell you it's not their fault if I'm getting a big head. They keep me WELL grounded (Did I ever mention Lizzie pointing out that piggies have stubbly hair like my legs when I haven't shaved? Yeah, kids are plenty humbling. Sometimes even humiliating, LOL.)
My neighbor's sister has been visiting this summer and just had her baby. My girls have had a great time playing with her girls, and my girls have always been joined at the hip with my neighbor's children. This afternoon we went to deliver a picture Kate made for the new baby and she got to hold the little one!!! She was so excited about it! A baby less that two days old. I got to hold her for a minute yesterday. Babies are so sweet!!!
After such an exciting week I'll be hard-pressed to keep expectations reasonable this summer! Next week I think things will be a little more "normal". It's been a fantastic form of busy, and that's what counts :)
Hope everyone else is enjoying their summer breaks too!
No comments:
Post a Comment