Monday, June 21, 2010

Lizzie's Birthday Review

Here's the low-down on how we spent Lizzie's birthday.  It was a very fun day!  I had to go to the Stake Relief Society Retreat that morning to teach a class about hair bows, and didn't get home until after lunch.  Daddy was going to pick up the week's fruit and vegi co-op basket in the morning and this week was Lizzie's turn to go with Daddy anyway.  So she got up a bit early to go with Daddy.  They picked up the food, stopped at the grocery store and got some goodies, then came home just before I had to leave for the retreat.  Before I left Lizzie got to open up a present -- bubble wands for each girl.  The girls ran around outside chasing bubbles in the morning.
After I got home from the retreat (all went well there) Lizzie got to open another present -- a fun little swimming pool which they spent all afternoon in.  Note to self:  buy sunblock.
In the early evening Lizzie opened another present -- a hippity-hop (the ball with the handle on it to bounce on).  Another big hit.

Finally she got to open the presents from Kate and Sabrina -- a little velvety collectible Bella-Sara horse from each.  That was her greatest desire for her birthday, lol.


Grandma and cousin Madison came by and brought a present from Grandma -- A picnic tablecloth, "big girl" plates and cups all in a basket.  They're a huge hit!  Still plastic, but a bit larger and a whole lot fancier than the IKEA plates and cups the girls usually use.


 We spent the evening playing The Game of Life as a family and eating birthday cake. 

What a wonderful day to celebrate a wonderful girl!  We love our Lizzie :)





One final note: There hadn't been any comments on the "secret" project so I didn't think anyone really was following it. Turns out there are some curious people after all! Well the project was stalled because I wasn't happy with the color of paint. I have made some changes and the project will be back underway immediately. Keep watching for updates! Gotta go use the studfinder on the ceiling...

No comments: