Friday, June 25, 2010

The Demented Ameteur Balloon Animal

This puffy little critter still likes to be called my right food.  Doesn't function too well, but it does have the right general shape.  Since my last post my foot has swollen up to the point where I think they'll have to do some sort of plastic surgery to return it to normal foot shape when it's calmed down!

A big sigh of relief, though, is that the "foot" will now bear some weight.  I actually have *some* range of motion also which gives me hope that I won't always be a monoplegic mother.
The bruising is also pretty spectacular.  I've got my own masterpiece drawn in blood against the inside of my foot.  The dark spots on my toes that were dirt the other day are now black bruises instead.  The inside and outside of my ankle are both bruised too.

 I have had so much help since Monday when I fell.  One friend took all three children immediately so Michael could take me to the InstaCare -- took them for a hike and fed them dinner even!  My mom has been invaluable -- she has cleaned my house, made us meals, and kept the girls completely happy.  In the picture above Lizzie is happily mopping the stairs!  The happy part was particularly nice :)    Another friend has fed my children, helped them make cards, and brought me food also.  Yet another friend rearranged plans so I could be involved from my recliner and stayed after to help feed me and my daughters again.

Michael has had to work a lot of hours this week so he hasn't been able to be my feet for me this week.  He has always put me first and I know that he would have done anything I need this week.  I am so grateful for friends and family who have been able to help out so he could get his work done also.  It's been a long, hard week, but full of blessings and sunshine also.

For all those who have helped -- Thank You.  My children thank you, my husband thanks you, and I THANK YOU. 

As I've been sitting in one chair all day every day all week I have exhausted all my usual entertainments.  There are only so many blogs you can read, only so many decent shows on hulu.com, only so many emails you can write before you go completely stir-crazy.  This afternoon I slid down onto the floor and cut out a few last squares for a quilt I'm working on.  I've laid out the entire quilt top and have it labeled and stacked.  I even got the bottom 1/3rd of the quilt sewn together!  Well, the center small squares at least.  There will be a border of larger squares.  Most of the fabric is form worn out clothes.  The multi-colored stripes on white fabric is the theme for the girls' room.  Each of their quilts will have some squares of that mixed in and as part of the border.  This is Sabrina's - it has yellow squares mixed in also.  Kate's will have red and Lizzie's will have blue.  I'm going to tie the quilts with red, yellow, and blue yarn also.  I think the final product will be really fun.  They've certainly excited.  They like to sort through the fabrics and talk about what they used to be.

I'm hoping for a lower-key weekend.  I dont' know if I'll be able to make it to church on Sunday -- especially not in Nursery with my little ones kicking my ankles and whatnot.  I'm tempted to go sit an at least let them sit on my lap, but Michael is very concerned about me pushing it too much and slowing the healing.  I had a standard urology appointment on Monday before The Fall.  They just called yesterday to say that I've got another urinary tract infection.  So I'm back on antibiotics for the gazillionth time.  Sabrina's mono seems well under control.  She has an appointment on Monday to check her spleen and make sure it hasn't become enlarged.  Basically it's Life As Usual for us -- with a twist since it involves crutches :P

No comments: