Sunday, November 29, 2009
Gingerbread Houses
Again this year we hosted the annual Jarbh Graham Cracker House Convention. (Meaning that the saturday after Thanksgiving we get together and make "gingerbread" houses out of graham crackers and decorate them with candy stuff.) So we had about 30 people over and served lunch and everything. My mom (while she was over helping prepare for the event) commented that it was as much work as Thanksgiving itself. That may be a bit of a stretch, but it made me feel better about being so exhausted, LOL.
I love our house since we were able to have everyone seated around tables over hard-surface (i.e.: moppable) floors all together. I didnt' actually make a house this year, but I spent the time taking pictures. I included a few here mostly of my little family, but I did get pictures of pretty much everyone with their houses.
Bless their hearts, several people stayed until everything was wiped, swept, and put away. So now I have a fantastically clean house! Tomorrow I'm planning to put up the Christmas decorations, so I'm glad to have things ready. I can't believe it's Christmas time already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Cute! I love the aprons and hats you made for the girls. So darling!
It looks like a lot of fun! Yay for the clean house too!
Cute pictures. I love doing gingerbread houses as well. I am glad you guys had fun!
I actually got the hat/apron combos at the dollar store! I'm glad I did too -- they would have been an absolute disaster without the aprons, LOL.
So cute! I love doing gingerbread houses! Hopefully I will get to it this year! I like the hats and aprons too, they are so cute!
Post a Comment