Sunday, November 1, 2009
I've been buried...
under a pile of sewing! Since Sabrina's birthday I've had at least half-dozen sewing projects of varying urgency to get done. I'm happy to say that as of last night, I'm done! for a couple of days, at least.
On top of all the sewing we also did the whole H1N1 thing. Sabrina, Lizzie, and I all got good and sick for several days. It's really hard to be productive when it takes all your energy to just keep everyone alive! I'm glad we're feeling a lot better now.
Halloween is finally over with for another year. I'm exhausted, but everything did get finished (the night before!). The girls chose to be BYU cheerleaders. I made their outfits, leggings to go underneath, and hair accessories for Kate and Sabrina. Thursday was the school Halloween parade, parent-teacher-conferences, and ward Halloween Carnival. Friday was a costume party / potluck at lunch time at Daddy's work (and a birthday party for K/L to go to in the morning -- no school cause of the PTC). Yesterday (Saturday) was actually Halloween -- we went to Grandma Abuela's house (Grandma Jensen) and had dinner and did trick-or-treating with Peter and Marisa's kids in south Provo. They got some great candy. No smarties, only half-dozen suckers each, and three full sized candy bars each! Today is a birthday party at the Grandparents Southern's house so the kids will wear their costumes there. Then those costumes are going to get a very thorough washing!
Parent/teacher conferences went really well. Lizzie's teacher said she's really smart, right on track with her reading and ahead of things with her writing skills. She's a good friend and doesn't disrupt the class. Kate's teachers said that she's very popular with the other kids, a perfect student, and a hard worker. She should be about level "H" in reading and is currently reading at level "O"-"P". It's been very busy, but a lot of fun. Glad we lived through it, and ready for the holiday season :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Those costumes were absolutely the greatest!!! Kate and Sabrina's hair looked darling with the special bows and Lizzie's hair is darling even if it came about as an "accident." I love the little pixie look of it.
I can't believe you made those costumes. They were so realistic and the girls lookes so cute all matching. I think you should take them to BYU and show them how cute the girls look and ask if they could be in some part of the next game. I'll bet they would find some sweet way to use them - as little mascots or the half time show or something.
I also think you should have some professional studio take pictures of them. We would love a picture of them for Christmas.
Seriously! They are that cute!!!
Your costumes turned out beautifully! I love that they all matched. Sisters are awesome that way.
I totally agree with you: Halloween was fun and crazy, but I'm so glad it's over and I'm (almost) ready for the holidays to come.
BTW, this is Melina. This thing won't let me sign in under my real name.
Post a Comment