Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Drool....


[Random old picture: My sister Michelle's birthday when I was probably about 11 or 12. Joe is also in the picture.]

Recently I got a chance to go to Jamba Juice for a smoothie. I LOVE their smoothies and haven't had one for ages. Lucky me, they currently have their "Pumpkin Smash" holiday smoothie. >angelic choir sings< Well, I can't just get Jambas every day. BUT, I found a recipe and I made one today. It is super yummy :D

1 cup soy milk
1/2 cup pumpkin pie mix (not just pumpkin -- make sure you've got your spices!)
2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt
1 cup ice

Blend together and enjoy!

I am pretty sure the Jamba version didn't actually include any ice, and maybe I'll try it without next time. Lizzie was adamently opposed to pumpkin so I got some frozen strawberries and made hers with strawberries instead of pumpkin. It was delicious too. Of course the Sabrina wanted some strawberry too, so Lizzie at S's pumpkin smoothie for her. Naturally Lizzie loved them both, little punk ;)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

MMMM.... I'm a smoothie lover too. Sounds yummy! I'll have to try it!

nora.lakehurst said...

Jamba Juice did include ice. They all do. And they used the Pumpkin frozen and then they would add the spices in it. About a TBS. It was really Nummers. But I could only handle a tiny bit since I dont like pumpkin pie. Soy milk YES! and They used the non-fat Frozen yogurt. :D Anyways if you ever need ideas for smoothies from there just ask.

Stacey said...

That sounds so yummy!

Jan said...

Cute pic of you when you were young Janelle. I can see Sabrina in your face. Old pictures are fun!