Saturday, June 27, 2009

Read-a-thon


About a month ago Kate made a goal to read the whole Book of Mormon by herself by the time she turns 8. We figured out that if she reads a page and a half each night she should be done in plenty of time. Every night she gets her reading done on her own. She is very consistent and she is even thinking about it enough to ask questions. Tomorrow night she will be finishing up the First Book of Nephi! I am totally impressed by how easily reading comes to her and how much she is enjoying reading the scriptures. I don't expect every child to be ready or able to do such extensive reading at 6 years old, but she sure can and I'm so happy to see how much she's getting out of it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stacey said...

That's awesome! Good for her!

Josh is still struggling with reading. He gets really frustrated with it.

Corilee said...

Budding genius! What a wonderful goal for one so young. Tell her how proud grandma is of her.

Love you, Kate!