Today is Lizzie's 5th birthay. Wow. [Note: this took me so long it is now the day *after* her birthday. Oh well, I started on the right day!]
On my other blog, tillysbowtique.blogspot.com, I call Lizzie "Sunshine". I have always though of her that way. She has this adorable round face with dimples in her rosy cheeks and a smile that seems to wrap around her face three times. You can't see her smile without feeling happy. We've often referred to her (especially around the 3 year old era) as our "destroying angel". She ruined so much stuff! She can get in to ANYTHING if she really wants to. Then she'd just look at us with the most innocent, angelic face as if she expected she had done exactly what we wanted her to do.
My favorite story about Lizzie was when she was about a year old -- probably a little younger. She was a fairly recent walker at the time. We were living in a small apartment and had the tv in our bedroom instead of the living room as well as a little tv in the girls' play room that could play videos. One evening we had rented movies for us and for the girls. We turned them both on. Michael and I had a large Hershey's bar (with almonds, of course) that we were sharing with the girls. They would come in and ask for a piece then go back to their play room. Since they kept coming onto our bed, Michael put the candy bar on a little ledge next to the bed (closest to the door you may note). We both heard Lizzie toddling down the hallway towards us and expected her to come in and ask for another piece of candy, but she didn't show up. Her little head never bobbed along in view. A moment later we heard a little shuffling and looked down the hall in order to catch the culprit! Lizzie had walked close enough to our room to see the "available" candy. She crawled into the room so we couldn't see her, grabbed the large chocolate bar, crawled out, then finally stood up in the hall and was booking it as fast as her little legs could carry her with the chocolate firmly in her sticky grip.
Sorry about the length of the movie, but I finally decided to just put all the pictures in. Otherwise it would have taken me another day at least to decide which ones I could do without ;)
2 comments:
having a few issues here with the vid -- I shoul dhave some sound and the double-posted vid fixed. I'm just a little busy right now...
SHe is so cute. I love all of them. :D I will post one. :D
Post a Comment