Friday, May 22, 2009

I all goes so fast!




Wednesday was Lizzie's end-of-year preschool program. It was really darling. They sang some songs, we watched a photo-video of their activities through the year, and they each got a little present. There were two kids in the class "graduating" -- Lizzie being one. They got a little cardboard hat and a bag with fun books, markers, treats, etc. The other kids all got a little bag with some little goodies.
In a little while I'm going to Kate's end-of-year 1st grade program. Well, it's really just the presentation of their photo-video of their year. Then they have the school-wide author's party. I don't know exactly what that is, but all the kids except kindergartners do it and it's happening this afternoon, lol. I can't believe how quickly it has all gone by!
Next year Kate will be in 2nd grade. Lizzie will get to finally ride the school bus with Kate as she goes to kindergarten. Sabrina is beyond excited about school too, so we'll have her go to the same preschool Lizzie did this last year since it's convenient. We really loved the one Kate went to way-back-when, but it's just too far away to be reasonable what with more complicated schedules and ever-increasing fuel costs. So she'll go to the one close by instead. It's really wonderful too and has a whole different set of benefits to it.

I was expecting to feel fantastic by now after the lithotripsy. Perhaps I was too optimistic. I'm still feeling pretty icky and there's still quite a bit of blood. I guess it wasn't quite so easy as I'd hoped. Oh well. At least I know that a lot has improved, even if it still isn't better. I guess I'd better keep moving around (as uncomfy as that is) and drinking gallons of water (which I'm getting used to). Hopefully the last bits will finally pass and I can move on to something new to worry about, lol.

Sorry I don't have any pictures yet. I did take pics on Wednesday, but the camera is SO far away right now (probably all the way upstairs, GASP!) so you'll have to wait until later. Besides, I'm just a bit cranky right now cause I can't take any of the pain pills or I coudln't drive to Kate's hoopla. So we're gonna wait until I'm a little more reasonable to expect such things as pictures ;)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

How fun!

Brianna is so excited to walk to school with Joshie next year.

Our kids are growing up way too fast! :(

Corilee said...

Ditto on the growing up way too fast bit. It seems like they grow a little more each time I see them.

Love you all!