Friday, May 15, 2009

Up to Date now...


(Vermont tulips -- aren't the gorgeous! These are in K/L's front yard.)
I keep meaning to do a great post about the trip to Vermont, but it's gonna be a little longer. I have all the pictures sorted and all, I just am lazy :P
I have had several appointments this week to figure out the whole urology issue. Here's the result:
I have a pre-op appointment on Monday and another lithotripsy on Tuesday. I'm really glad I don't have to wait three weeks or more this time. I'm really ready to be done! I would really appreciate any prayers and good wishes since apparently they will only do lithotripsy twice on any given stoning. The last time dissolved 1/3rd of the stone and if this time only does 1/3 again then I'm stuck for the foreseeable future with the pain and bleeding. Not really what I'm hoping for.
This morning I had a cystoscopy. It's not a very nice procedure. But now I've seen what the inside of my bladder looks like! I have signs of classic interstitial cystitis. Since that is diagnosable only through exclusion of anything else, however, that diagnosis will not be certain for a few more months. So for now the diagnosis is chronic cystitis. I have to stop by the urology clinic every time I feel that I have a bladder infection so they can test even though it's fairly likely to be negative. If that diagnosis ends up being accurate then there is an oral treatment that may help. In the mean time I can get a prescription (I have samples now) for a pill that helps basically numb the bladder so it isn't so painful. Basically there's a reason IC is also called Painful Bladder Syndrome or PBS -- though apparently it is in no way affiliated with the Public Broadcasting System so donating during a telethon isn't going to help get rid of it :P
All in all, it's good news -- no tumors or anything really bad like that. And I'm happier knowing what it is even though there is only treatment and no cure available. I always deal better with the known than the unknown.
So anyone wanna watch the girls all morning on Tuesday? ;) I need a sitter tomorrow too so Michael and I can go to a movie together. I really wanna go but I'm getting sittered out :( Doc. appointments really tax the sitter-system. I guess I'd better get back on the phone. Ugh. Just another 6-10 years and it will be so much easier, lol.

1 comment:

nora.lakehurst said...

Hey sorry. I sure hope you get something figured out. I will pray that you will be cured and ready to eat. I mean lol ok sorry stupid joke I know. Ok so I really do hope you get better soon. :D I can watch your kids on Tuesday. I dont mind. I dont think I have any plans on that day. Just let me know.