Yesterday morning was my second lithotripsy (Excorporeal Shockwave Therapy or ESWT). Before being discharged from the hospital they had to make sure I could pee. So I obliged. The nurse took me to the bathroom with the charming task of peeing in the white bucket thingy that goes on the toilet. She offered to strain it for me (aren't you so glad I share too much? lol). So I was escorted back to my room while she did the charming work. When she came back she said that I earned a couple of distinctions. First of all, she'd never seen someone fill the bucket thingy so thoroughly. THey'd pumped so much fluid in to me that I cleared out over 1/2 gallon of fluids in one go (including a great deal of blood too of course). And on top of that, she said that the bottom of the bucket looked like the beach! The doc had been VERY thorough and done the absolute allowable maximum to blast the stubborn stone to tiny bitsies. The particles were so small she couldn't even strain them very efficiently, but she said she'd rarely seen particles pass so soon and certainly no so many!
I'm still not feeling fantastic, but I feel very positive. With two percocet on board I'm still uncomfortable, but I truly believe that the worst has passed. I think that most of the pain is due to the fact that I had some 3,000 shocks sent through my right kidney yesterday and kidneys aren't really happy about that sort of thing :P I'm still pretty drugged, but I have to take some time off today with no drugs so I can drive. So I guess we'll know then how wretched I truly feel, lol.
I just feel SO much better than I did after the last lithotripsy and I feel so incredibly blessed. Even if there is something lingering (which would really surprise me) I'm just not so worried about it. I feel truly blessed by the Lord to be able to handle this again. :)



5 comments:
I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope everything is taken care of now.
I hope all will be well from now on.... no more stones! (we'll pray for that)
I recognize three of the four pictures. (cute by the way) Who is the forth little girl?
You mean the last one with the early 80's background? That's me! We're each 10 months old in the pictures. I don't think I was always such a serious little thing, LOL.
Hey where is the picture of me to show how much they look like me too?
Sorry babe -- didn't have a picture of you I could find on my computer. I dont' know where they went :(
Post a Comment