Lizzie's program was a week or so ago. They sang songs and she and one other child had a little "graduation" hat to wear since they're going into kindergarten next year.
Kate had her "author's party" at school last week. Each child prepares a portfolio of writing throughout the year (each child in the whole SCHOOL that is). At the author's party parents or someone for each child is invited to come. They serve popcicles and everyone spreads out on the back lawn of the school and reads the stories or other writing work that their children have written. One of Kate's stories was about Grandma Spendlove's funeral. It was very sweet.
So now we're in for summer vacation! Too bad Michael will be uber-busy most of the time. But the girls and I will have a lot of fun. We're planning to go to the zoo, attend the ward's play group at the park weekly, and work on some fun projects (depending on my energy level) at home. I've got to get a routine planned out for the summer so we have something to keep us busy so we don't get bogged down in boredom or driving eachother nuts instead of having fun.
Yesterday and the day before I attended high school graduations. One for each of my two oldest nephews. I can't believe they're graduated from high school now! They've both already been accepted to BYU to start in the fall. (I hope the campus stays standing -- the stories of each of their fathers together during those years are great fun as long as you're not the one living with them, lol.)
Congrats boys!!!
3 comments:
WOW talk about exciting week for you. And your hair looks absolutely darling. I wish my hair would look that cute. Gah I hate SHORT hair.
Congrats to everyone on finishing school! The "author's party" sounds like fun. Have a fun summer! We have two more weeks till we get our break.
YAY summer, it sounds like yours is going to be fun.
YAY Lizzie!!!
(BTW, I finally put a comment on your last post if you want to go back and read it.)
Post a Comment