I cannot think of any single thing that has happened lately that is worth of its own post. So here are some snippets of life.
Sabrina with a cut out mustache from her Valentine's loot from school.
Here the girls were playing with the self-portrait setting on my phone:
All three girls got to attend a birthday party recently and came home with some really fun homemade playdoh. It smelled lovely (made using kool aid powder) and even had glitter in it! Here is a pair of birds nests complete with eggs and worms.
This one is a sunflower. A very happy sunflower :)
Sabrina and her cousin Joey playing games on Daddy's iPad at a family birthday party. Oh to be young enough to share a recliner with your cousin with room to spare!
This is a fabulous dish I discovered: Pavlova. It's similar to meringues but with a bit of cornstarch added so the outside is crisp but the inside is marshmallow-y. It was incredible served with lightly sweetened whipped cream and fresh sliced strawberries.
One morning recently I got up and made my usual rounds: wake up Lizzie, close Sabrina's door so she will sleep a little longer, then go downstairs and wake Kate. This particular morning I found Sabrina's room empty, so I double checked my bed and found she had slipped into Daddy's side after he had left early in the morning. Somehow she got herself upside down though -- head under the blankets with her chilly little legs poking out by the pillow!
I though I'd try an idea I read this week. The idea is to fill a lidded vegi tray with prepared vegetables and keep it in the fridge. I don't have a nicely divided lidded tray, so I thought I'd give it a shot with what I did have on hand: this holder that comfortably fits a 9x13 pan with extra room to spare. It was packed full to the top! I set these out after school and again at dinner time. Within 2 days this is all that was left. That's a lot of good fresh vegis!!! I do keep the carrots in a separate bag so they don't "contaminate" the other vegis ;) Today (4 days after filling this tray) there is half a bag of carrots, half-dozen celery sticks, and a handful of broccoli florettes left. This is a plan to keep up! The cucumber spears do go bad a lot faster than the other things (there were two left this morning and they had gone mushy.). For this reason I intend to keep an eye out for a good segregated container so if something turns before the rest it doesn't make it all gross. Next up: try out the recipe for a good looking low-fat ranch dip I found.
That pretty much wraps it up! I have our kefir going again and we're enjoying smoothies made with fresh kefir and frozen bananas and berries. I even have made a couple of batches of homemade bread. I intend to make some with part of the flour replaced with fresh ground wheat flour. Looking at the vegi tray, kefir smoothies, and bread including whole wheat I feel downright healthy! ;)











No comments:
Post a Comment