Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ridiculous things that make me ridiculously happy.

I'm not talking about deep things like world peace or important things like my family.  I'm talking about the little mundane things that cost just a couple of dollars but make me very happy.

I discovered these hair bands recently.  They're rubbery and feel more like a gasket than a standard hairband.
My hair is thick.  Really thick.  With a normal hair band I can easily get it around two times, but then the band would slide out in no time.  I can usually force it around a third time, but it's hard.  Then the hair band stays in decently well, but after just one or two uses the band is so badly stretched out it has to go in the garbage.
I got these over a week ago and I'm still using the same hair band (at least once a day).  It is still the same size as the new ones, stretches so far it wraps around three times easily, and the rubbery texture helps keep it from slipping.
Silly, sure, but I love these!!!
(I found this package of 14 at WalMart for just over $3)

I've been fighting dementors lately, and chocolate has been most helpful.  Michael picked me up this package of cookies.  They're SO yummy!  Since they're dark chocolate they're quite rich.  This is great because it means that two cookies is plenty to feel satisfied and well chocolated.
These taste like "zero-stuff" oreos.  They're dark and crunchy like the cookie part of the oreos, but without the sugar-and-shortening stuck in the middle.  They do require a glass of milk, but they're delicious!


So here I am, with my hair in a comfortable ponytail, tasting a Fudge Stripe Dark Chocolate cookie.  Life is good!  Enjoy the little things, right?  What "silly" things do you love?

1 comment:

Heather said...

yum...those cookies look awesome!