Saturday, December 31, 2011

November Revisited

Okay, I'm going to do my best to do this simply.  The problem is, I should have done at least a half-dozen full posts out of all this!  So go back to the standby of skim reading or looking at the photo collages here.

1- First Snow!  The first day of November, after that beautiful Halloween night, we had our first snow fall.  As of now we've had a tiny skiff a couple of times since then, but not enough to make a snow man.  This snow was enough for Sabrina to play in while the other girls were at school in the morning, but gone by afternoon.

2. My Birthday.  I had a great birthday.  It fell on a Sunday this year.  I got salmon and oven roasted potatoes for my special dinner.  I also had a wonderfully gooey chocolatey decadent cake.

3. End of Ukulele Club.  The first set of extracurricular activities came to an end and Ukulele club did their final "concert".  Kate did a lovely job.  Lizzie parked herself on my lap part of the time (thus the picture of my view: her ponytail).  Sabrina enjoyed clapping along with some of the folk songs.

4.  Cats.  Did you think you'd get by without a batch of cat pictures?  It's a good thing I'm married or I'd probably be on of those "Cat Ladies".  Maybe I am anyway.  hmmm.  They're still funny.  Ginny (on the right) enjoys chasing bouncy balls on the foyer floor.  Sierra (upper left) tried to stow away in my suit case when we were getting ready to go to Denver.

5. Southern Family Birthday Party.  Despite growing numbers of family members, I am still the only November birthday in Michaels' family!  This year we'd missed Sabrina's October party (probably sick, I forget which one of us though) so she and I were birthday buddies this time.

6. Miscellaney.  I've finished a portion of a painting project on the living room wall.  I love it.  I just am exhausted thinking of finishing the top half!  Then there's a gorgeous bit of sunshine, and the girls playing with the new photo features on my cell phone.

7. Lost tooth!  Lizzie finally lost her... 3rd(?) tooth.  She worried that thing like crazy until I finally put dental floss on it and pulled the dang thing out.  Yay!

8. Living Planet Aquarium.  After the trip to Denver (which I DID manage to post) we took the girls to the aquarium in Salt Lake.  We even donated a couple of bucks towards the new facility they're building.  It was tons of fun!  One of the funniest parts was to do with electric eels: there was a spot where you could touch two metal dots and feel how hard of a shock an electric eel could give.  Lizzie really wanted to try it, but then decided she was too scared.  After we finally gave up waiting for her she finally gave it a try... and kept doing it over and over.  Typical >eye roll<


9. Thanksgiving!  At the last minute we had to alter our Thanksgiving plans.  Nothing new there.  Kate was sick, so Michael took her to Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving dinner while I took the other girls to my sister Suzette's house.  My sister and her family were in town from Nebraska and we didn't want to miss out on a chance to see them.  Dinner was delicious and we had a lovely visit.  (There's also a highly festive haircut in there too.  A true turkey tail!  It came colored orange during the next event, but I didn't get a good picture of that one.)

10. Gingerbread houses.  On the Saturday after Thanksgiving we did our traditional gingerbread houses with my family at our place.  Fortunately Kate was doing better.  I think we had 30 people over!  The mothers put together a quilt for a new baby (due any day.  Come on "Jimmer"!!!) while the youngers did their gingerbread houses.  The teens actually did an impressive job on their gingerbread houses too!  I think it helped that they had their own place to hang out.  Eventually we also had a football game being watched in the basement too.  We had a great time with everyone!

11.  Tricks!  Ginger is a very playful kitty.  Get out a cat wand and she is a crazy acrobat!  I know you miss out on a lot of it in flat photos, but I try.  Also -- as we were trying to put up the Christmas tree the cats simply took up residence in it!  It wasn't until the tree was finally decorated that we could keep them out of their prickly perch!

THUS ENDS November -- looks like it should have been closer to a dozen individual posts!

No comments: