Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Lights

We finally made it the other night to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square.

We bundled up with hats, scarves, and gloves on top of the good coats and warmest boots.  Fortunately all this precaution meant that the weather was quite mild!  So mostly I spent the time counting hats and gloves.



Hot chocolate and Christmas cookies!  &  Throwing pennies into the fountain

The nativity pool was so surrounded by people we couldn't get very close to it.  It was still beautiful!  I love all the lights.

Touching the walls of the temple carved by hand all those many years ago.

Daddy explaining the history behind the seagull monument.

I paused to take this picture:
 (which didn't quite come out, as the water rippled the other way and lost the reflection on Kate's face) with Sabrina standing by me.  We turned around and Daddy and Lizzie were gone!

We sat there for probably 20 minutes waiting for them to show back up.  I kept trying to call, but Michael's phone wasn't working.  Drat!  For some reason he decided to wait for us wherever they were when they noticed we were gone so we were both standing in different places waiting.  They finally made their way back and we pressed onward.  Phew!

We peeked into the Tabernacle

and waited in the press to make it up to the Christus.  Always worth it.  (I liked the look of the shadow, bottom right, we could see where we were waiting for our turn).

I'm not sad that the waterproof quality of the snow boots wasn't needed.  They were needed to keep toes warm, and they did.  (No, Lizzie does not have a tail.  That's a bit of fringe off the end of the scarf under her coat.)



See the reflection there?  It's me!  With Sabrina and Lizzie.

Riding the elevator back down to our level in the parking garage.

Farewell until next year!


No comments: