Yup. Ears.
Fascinating, no?
Well, Kate got a pair of earrings for Christmas along with the promise that she could get her ears pierced. So guess what we did today? Yup. Ears.
Kate chose a pretty pair of birthstone earrings (ruby for July) that came with a matching necklace. The earring and necklace stones are cut in a tiny butterfly shape. Super cute.
So first she got her necklace on. She was very excited and VERY nervous.
When we got there another girl was getting her ears pierced, so Kate got to see how the process went (even though we'd already talked it through thoroughly many times since the time she asked if she could have it done.) Apparently Kate was their third ear piercing in a row this afternoon! Popular activity I guess. Ears, ya know.
I had told her that if she said that she didnt' want it done at any point that we'd stop and try again in a year or so. She was DETERMINED to make it through.
But look at this little face! Doesn't that just break your heart? I swear by the end I was closer to crying than she was. Mostly because she looked too grown up.
They had two people there so they were able to do both ears at the same time. Phew! That made it less stressful for everyone.
But still plenty stressful.
In the end she was delighted. She declared it didn't hurt much at all (by tonight she'd exaggerated it so far she was practically equating it to a warm sea breeze in a hammock). Grandma ran into us at the store just as we were finished up. Kate was excited to show off her new EARS.
Cute!
Lizzie and Sabrina were there too. Lizzie said she would wait until she is at least 16 before she wants to get her ears pierced. I told them they could wait as long as they wanted -- even never! Sabrina changed her mind several times. She finally settled on 28. I had to record this for (if/) when they change their minds ;)
On a NON-EAR topic:
We stopped by Daddy's office (he's working this week but had last week off. We had to show him Kate's EARS, ya know.) and the girls set to their favorite activity of covering his white board with drawings.
They stuck with a theme of Santa + Snowman.
The amusing part of this one is that little red thing in front of the snow man.
It's a gun.
The actual story is this: the gun is a squirt gun. It is filled with food coloring. That's why the snowman is different colors. If you could see more closely you'd see a little green coloring leaking out the back of the squirt gun. Cause that's what squirt guns do, ya know. Leak.
It still made me laugh. :)
(I also like how they declared "DO NOT ERASE" over their drawings. That usually would last until the next time the space is needed for actual WORK related stuff. Fortunately for them (I guess?) this board is on its way out, so it just might endure!)











1 comment:
Oh, I wish I could have been there. Her scared face makes me want to give her a big hug! I'm so glad she was so brave--my darling girlie! I love the pics of Lizzie and Sabrina too. Love those sweet girls!!
Post a Comment