The girls participated in a gift exchange with their Southern Cousins for Christmas. Lizzie got to go all glam to church on sunday (and despite the super glue holding on the fingernails there were only 2 left when she got home, lol). It was the perfect gift for her!
Sabrina got her very greatest wish -- bath stuff. She was SUPER excited since she's chosen a very similar gift for a friend's birthday party and really wanted it for herself.
Kate is not pictures. She was busy hiding, reading the new book she got :P
Lizzie has been studying the moon in school. She often peeks out after dark to see what phase the moon is in. This is a picture she took one night that I though was quite pretty.
After the holidays Lizzie came home from school one day asking if the school had called me. Uh... no? Where they supposed to?! They said they would (and apparently didn't. Bummer). See that blackish bit at the end of Lizzie's tongue? She got it STUCK on a frozen pole during recess. Oopsie! I bet that won't happen again!
Michael was gone for several days a while back. I was pretty sick when he left and we never enjoy when he has to travel. The first night he was gone I peeked out my bedroom window to see if it was snowing. I saw this beautiful buck standing at the bottom of our road! I grabbed the camera and stepped onto my front porch. Unfortunately he turned and wandered away just as I was ready to take the picture. He's been perfectly circled in light. Michael told me he sent the deer to keep an eye on us ;)
While Michael was gone, my mom invited the rest of us to her house for Family Home Evening. We got out the costume box and scriptures and put on a dramatized version of Nephi, Sam, Laman, and Lemuel's return to Jerusalem for the Brass plates. I videoed it so Daddy could see it later. It's quite funny and was highly enjoyable as well.
Last Friday (14th, I believe) Lizzie finally lost her first tooth!!! The tooth fairy brought her a cute little coloring / sticker book. (Our tooth fairy brings little gifts instead of money).
She loves finding new things to stick through the gap in her grin :D
I decided that in order to have a better outlook on my health this year I would put a little puff ball or something into a container every day I felt healthy. This in order to appreciate how many days I am able to live without pain that seems non-stop sometimes. I was excited to see my pile grow and be grateful for the health I enjoy.
Unfortunately between a number of things, including a really nasty cold, I have yet to put one puff aside :( It seems to be backfiring! This was supposed to be a positive thing, not a bummer! Oh well. It's better than last year so far ;)
Many of you know about my new niece who was born two days ago. Emma is a real miracle baby. I will eventually dedicate a post to her, but not today.
1 comment:
just laughed over the tongue on the frozen pole! Glad she's ok though - love the pictures and looks like you've been having lots fun. Love your idea on helping to have a more positive outlook on your health and here's hoping you have lots of puff balls in the jar by the end of the year!
Post a Comment