1- Sew at least one new item of clothing for me. -- I found a pattern I'm willing to try! That's progress. Now I just have to buy the pattern. And fabric. And buttons. I bought the pattern, and even cut it out! Now to sort through my fabric stash to choose some to try this out before spending money on some "favorite" fabric.
2- Make living room curtains (hopefully for our own home) -- I'm putting this off for a while. We're hoping to own a home within the next year, and I'd much rather make curtains for my own living room. Putting an offer on a home tomorrow (12/13). If things go well (fingers crossed, but it's a short sale so nothing is certain) I'll have some wonderful windows to make draperies for. Funnily enough, since I remember this goal, as we've been looking at homes I always take note of the living room windows :)
3- Go one mile (run/walk) in 12 minutes or less -- I know I need to get started on this one to be able to accomplish it at all. My ankle is doing much better most days. I still am very cautious about running, jumping, or anything else that might result in a re-injury (which is sadly common with what I did). Haven't started cardio, but I have been mostly healthy for a few weeks now! I lightly turned my bad ankle the other day while looking at homes and had to take ibuprofen and use a cane in the last house. Care with the ankle will be a necessity. I have been more active at least. Working on not overdoing it, but still do enough to head in the right direction.
4- Clean out and sort jewelry boxes -- I did it! I got rid of some old / worn out things and added worn out / broken items to my jewelry working things instead of my jewelry wearing things.
5- Catch up one year of scrapbooks -- I really am hoping to get the latest update of my scrapbooking program before I dive into this one. I get a major discount since I use their last edition, but it's one more thing to add to the list. I did finally find the disk for my most recent version at least. So I'm working on this. I've finished the first few months, so it's coming along.
6- Read the entire Book of Mormon
7- Get a new family picture taken -- Done! And I love them. They are even printed, picked up, and are going out for Christmas.
8- Clean out my bedroom closet
9- Sort my craft type items (including sewing)
10- Make a new temple dress (does not fulfill goal #1)
11- Be involved in at least one PTA project at the elementary school
12- Get last year's blog book printed and bound
13- Make some nice hair pretties for MY daughters I did make a new one for each for picture day, but I really should make some basics for them still.
14- Read some classic literature -- I just read "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley. We picked it up once at a book store and it's just been sitting on one of our many book shelves. It took me a while for me to get into the language again. I've been reading modern / juvenile literature too much! Fascinating story. It wasn't as creepy / dark / scary as I thought it might be. Sad, yes. But it has a lot to think about regarding friendship, aspirations and treatment of fellow-men (or monsters). I plan to do more of this, but I have technically accomplished this goal.
15- Plant something and keep it alive
16- Improve dysphonia to be able to sing again with less pain -- I have been placing my fingers on my throat to feel for tension when singing and sometimes when reading to the girls. I can recognize the tension and usually correct it. It's obnoxious, but necessary. Seems to ease some of the pain too. Still in progress
17- Learn two new hymns on the piano
18- Plan and enjoy a family vacation (even if it has to be in Utah County)
19- Back up all digital photos on new DVDs (or other storage device) and store safely
20- Participate in fruit and vegetable co-op when possible and learn new ways to enjoy produce
21- Create a 7 generation pedigree chart -- I did it! Okay, so it didn't end up being very hard... but I also have an idea for a fantastic dynamic family tree mural. I just have to own the walls first O.o
22- Finish quilts for the girls' beds
23- Take a class through the community programs
24- Follow FlyLady principles to get/keep the house in a happy state. --Still working on this one. I'm not doing great right now, but I am getting there. I need a timer that works.
25- Read a book by a church leader
26- Spend $1,000 to improve financial outlook (pay off debt faster, put in savings, etc.) -- This might end up being earnest money on a home. I'd consider that money well spent.
27- Look at the stars more -- It's awfully cold outside right now, but keeping this goal in the back of my mind has helped lift up my eyes when I am in a position to enjoy the stars. So: work in progress. I just downloaded an app on my phone "Google Sky Map". Makes looking at the stars really fun. I recognize constellations now! (As long as they're drawn out for me :))
28- Clean the Sharpie "artwork" off the playroom walls
29- Update our family's emergency preparedness
30- Learn to use the lenses and settings on my camera
31- Return and report progress on my goals -- I've been setting the updates as an auto-post. I update this copy/pasted document throughout the month and on the 6th it will automatically post for me. Good reminder for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment