Sunday, February 6, 2011

Goals, update 4

Any new notes I've added this month are bold.  
Completed goals are red.

1- Sew at least one new item of clothing for me. -- This is why I made these goals.  I get a project part way done, then let it sit!

2- Make living room curtains (hopefully for our own home) -- Still waiting on news on "our" house.  Well, the house we wish was ours at least.
 
3- Go one mile (run/walk) in 12 minutes or less --  Mumble, grumble.  And it turns out running may not be a recommended exercise for people with IC (interstitial cystitis).  I just might not be imagining feeling worse when I try it!  I'm doing some more research, then I may have to alter this goal somewhat.

4- Clean out and sort jewelry boxes -- I did it! 

5- Catch up one year of scrapbooks -- January and February of last year done!


6- Read the entire Book of Mormon -- In the process
 

7- Get a new family picture taken -- Done!
 

8- Clean out my bedroom closet
 

9- Sort my craft type items (including sewing)
 

10- Make a new temple dress (does not fulfill goal #1)
 

11- Be involved in at least one PTA project at the elementary school
 

12- Get last year's blog book printed and bound -- I am making some fixes in the formatting of the book, but it's coming along.
 

13- Make some nice hair pretties for MY daughters --  I did make a new one for each for picture day, but I really should make some basics for them still.
 

14- Read some classic literature -- I plan to do more of this, but I have technically accomplished this goal.
   
15- Plant something and keep it alive -- We've got live plants in our fish tank.  We've killed off several fish (oopsie) but we've done some good research and improved things.  We even have one plant that's growing all the way from seed, and doing quite well in there.
 

16- Improve dysphonia to be able to sing again with less pain -- Still in progress, and frustrating.
 

17- Learn two new hymns on the piano -- I've learned a handful on the ukulele!  But I gotta get back to the piano.
 

18- Plan and enjoy a family vacation (even if it has to be in Utah County)
 

19- Back up all digital photos on new DVDs (or other storage device) and store safely -- my laptop is backed up.  Still need to do my desktop.
 

20- Participate in fruit and vegetable co-op when possible and learn new ways to enjoy produce
 

21- Create a 7 generation pedigree chart -- I did it! 

22- Finish quilts for the girls' beds -- Or maybe just buy some.  Really depends on where we're living and how the girls' rooms are arranged / decorated.
 

23- Take a class through the community programs
 

24- Follow FlyLady principles to get/keep the house in a happy state.  -- Working on it.
 

25- Read a book by a church leader -- I'm most of the way through "The Coming of the Lord" by Gerald Lund.  He wasn't a general authority when he wrote it, but he is now.  The book is about the end of days and the Second Coming.  He wrote it entirely based on scripture and latter-day doctrine.  This is not a supposition and assumptions day which I really like. 
 

26- Spend $1,000 to improve financial outlook (pay off debt faster, put in savings, etc.) -- This might end up being earnest money on a home.  I'd consider that money well spent.
 

27- Look at the stars more -- It's awfully cold outside right now, but keeping this goal in the back of my mind has helped lift up my eyes when I am in a position to enjoy the stars.  So: work in progress.  I just downloaded an app on my phone "Google Sky Map".  Makes looking at the stars really fun.  I recognize constellations now!  (As long as they're drawn out for me :))
 

28- Clean the Sharpie "artwork" off the playroom walls 

29- Update our family's emergency preparedness -- we worked on some of this for Family Home Evening last week.  We went through our 72 hour kits.  We removed everything that was out of date or otherwise "wrong" and made a new list of things to add to them.  

30- Learn to use the lenses and settings on my camera -- My nephew has been using an awesome camera since Christmas.  He's taken a photography class and is now working things out on their new camera.  I read and follow his blog which has at least given me some new ideas.  But I haven't done all I want here yet.
 

31- Return and report progress on my goals -- I've been setting the updates as an auto-post.  I update this copy/pasted document throughout the month and on the 6th it will automatically post for me.

No comments: