Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Remember that blizzard?

I don't remember if I posted about this or not, but a few weeks ago we had a major blizzard warning.  Things were closed down, everyone made sure they were home before this huge storm hit, people stocked up on food and fuel... and everything was all hunkered down.  We got a tiny skiff of snow.  It was a bit windy, though!  Disappointing for a "major blizzard".
So far this week we're making up for it.  It has been snowing for probably 36 hours straight now.  Yesterday was slushy and nasty to drive.  Today it's impossible.  Michael tried to go to work this morning and couldn't even get out of the driveway.  So shoot, we're all stuck home together today :)


Michael trying to pull out of the driveway this morning, then the neighbors trying to get into their driveway this afternoon.

Lizzie helped do a bit of shoveling and delivered something to a neighbor.  Sabrina reveled in the snow.  And my feet turn out when I walk :)
Sledding with a bunch of friends...
and a very friendly pair of puppies.

Proof that I was there too.  After hauling all three girls up our road on the sled I plopped down on the snow.  Pretty comfy chair, really!


 
I love these girls!

top: snowfall on the deck at about midnight last night, then 8:00 this morning; middle: noon today.  As of about noon we had 12-15 inches of snow (depending on the spot in the yard).





 In the Christmas counters from Grandma Jensen, the girls each got a nice set of chopsticks.  So of course we needed food to go with them.  So for dinner got Panda Express.  It was quite an adventurous dinner.  The girls had a great time trying their hand with the chopsticks.

Sabrina tried REALLY hard.  After 5 minutes of pushing one piece of chicken around, Daddy finally just got it for her.  Then she finished dinner with a fork.
Lizzie took to it pretty well.  She'd flip the end of one noodle into her mouth, then see how many she could make follow the one!  But she did a good job with her chicken and vegis.
Kate loves her chopsticks.  She did great with them!  And Daddy... he can use chopsticks fine, but used a fork.  Kill-joy. :P

1 comment:

Tami said...

I was just thinking the very same thing about the "blizzard" last month :)