On Monday for Family Home Evening we watched "White Christmas" and ate popcorn, hot chocolate, and candy canes. Kate watched the whole thing and really enjoyed it. Lizzie didn't really watch the whole thing, but that's not unusual for them. We watched "Movie Theater" style -- with all the lights off.
I love the reflection of the tree lights on the harmonium on this one--
My oldest brother's family gave each family an advent candle to burn each night leading up to Christmas. There are dots down the candle. We burn down to the next dot each night. There is a list of scripture verses to read each time we burn the candle. Each passage talks about one of the attributes of Christ. It has created a great discussion point each night, and the candle is really pretty too. I can't decide which of these candle pictures is my favorite!
The candle is getting short; Christmas is coming!
My strings of oranges, lemons, and ginger are finally dry enough. I packaged up simmering potpourri for some of our friends and neighbors. Kate got a chance to take these pictures. She does good work!
This is my favorite picture Kate took:
Sabrina came home from school today with a strawberry candy cane because she was so good at school. It turned her tongue DARK red! That's some hefty dye.
Finally, to finish the line from the song (the subject line of this post)
... of a White Christmas.
Don't know if we'll actually have snow on Christmas, but this feels more normal for December than last week's 50 degree weather. Lovely, but strange.
2 comments:
Fun! I love White Christmas and I hope we get one this year. :)
I love the potpourri bags. If you have any left over, I'd love one! :) And that cute Kate is a great photographer!
Post a Comment