Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve, 1 of 2

Happy Christmas Eve!  We started today by opening the last gift on the Christmas counters from Grandma.  Each of the girls got a really cool helicopter!  The pictures below are Daddy flying 'copters with the girls.  They're REALLY cool!!!  Late tonight they did them a couple of times (you can turn on a flashing light).  Better than fireworks!


 As I was tidying up this afternoon I found a bagel sandwich on the table.  The most literal bagel sandwich I've ever seen!
 Yup, a bagel with another half of a bagel inside.  It's a high carb sort of sandwich.
 This evening we went to the Southern home across the lake for Christmas Eve festivities.  There was quite the spread of goodies on the table!  (Fortunately I ate JUST before we arrived, so I wasn't too tempted.)
 
As usual Melissa arranged a beautiful nativity put on by the children.  And a few adults.  Michael played the part of the donkey this year.

 Here's the "new star", held by Gramps.
 Kate had a speaking (reading) part.  She was an angel who visited the shepherds.  Lizzie and Sabrina were each shepherds this year.  Aren't they all cute!
 Curtain Call!
 There was some fun frolicking before most people left.  Uncle Adam wore himself out flipping kids over his head!  I know these pictures are rather blurry, but they're low-light-high-action with a mostly dead battery.
 (Sabrina above, Kate below.  Kate even pointed her toes!)
 On the drive home it was FOGGY.  But we made it home safe and sound.
 The girls got to open a present tonight -- they each got a fluffy new bathrobe.  My favorite picture is the one in the middle where Sabrina is tossing hers into the air with glee.  Daddy got new superhero pants, and I got (non-photographed) comfy fleece pajama pants.
 Then I read "The Magic Curtain" to them -- except that we don't seem to have a hard-copy of it, and I couldn't get it accessed off my desktop... so we ended up reading it off a place I had uploaded images of it.
 I have these items set aside for the gift-opening in the morning.  The scissors are pretty self-explanatory, but the other gizmo is an engraver.  Sort of.  It's a simple push button thingy, but it makes it really easy to mark a letter onto things that are similar (like chopsticks or jump ropes).  It came from the dollar store and has already been worth all 100 pennies :)
 Never have we had such a crazy display "under" our Christmas tree!  We have been so very blessed this year!  (And it helps that I wrapped pretty much everything I've purchased in the last month).  We're looking forward to a wonderful day tomorrow.

Remember our advent candle?  By the time Santa had finished here there were still a few inches left.  I lit the candle to read the last bit to the girls, then just left it burning.  In fact, there's still about 1/2 inch right now.  And yes, it's WAY past bedtime, but Michael and I are "breaking in" the new TV watching a Star Trek movie :)

No comments: