Here's one last picture (okay, two pictures) of the big snow storm. The snow swallowed the trike! If it hadn't warmed up so much (almost 40!) we would have scads of snow by now. We've had a lot of fog and some chilly rain which means...
this is how it looked last night. Kinda squishy and dreary really.
Kate wasn't feeling well on our big snow day. Yesterday she felt even worse, and I was pretty sure it was strep. I took her to the doctor who ran the test, looked at her, and was just saying how it's unlikely to be strep, but.... Oh, here are the test results! Positive! Yup, I was totally right. She is feeling better now, and ready to face the holidays (with antibiotics every morning for 10 days of course).
Our January issue of the Friend (and the Ensign of course) arrived already. Lizzie and Kate have already read it cover to cover. Lizzie spent a lazy afternoon doing the crossword puzzle while Kate was napping.
Today we had a fun "first day of Daddy's vacation" sort of day. We went to Wendy's for lunch (even walked in and ate at a table!) then braved WalMart for a few last minute presents (the girls wanted to get things for their sisters) which required a lot of cell phone wrangling to keep the kids separated properly so everything was a secret. Then we went for a little energy-burning at Jumpin' Jacks where the girls got to bounce and slide to their hearts' content on the inflatables. Of course we have no photos of any of that because the camera was comfortably at home. But I promise it all happened.
Tonight Kate spent some time doing Lizzie's hair. I think the pro's call this a "messy ponytail". The name totally fits.
Meanwhile, Daddy and Sabrina cuddled on the couch and watched some action movie he got from Netflix. Sabrina was way into it -- asking questions about it, following the storyline and everything.
Every night we've been burning our advent candle (well, we have had a couple of nights we've had to catch up). I can't believe we have only one dot left!
The presents are all wrapped (though they need bows), and finally they're here. Many of the presents have been stockpiled at Grandma's house, AKA "Santa's Workshop". I went by tonight and spent WAY too long there, much to my enjoyment and my husband's annoyment and got the presents all loaded into the van. So the presents are all on-deck for the big night. I even have the costumes ready to go for the nativity scene tomorrow night. If only my kitchen was clean all would be well; but I'd hate to jinx Christmas by feeling *too* well prepared.

No comments:
Post a Comment