Today is Rare Disease Awareness Day. I'm feeling pretty dang aware. You're probably pretty aware too, if you're reading my blog!
So tip your glass (of diary free beverage) to EGID! Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorder is a rare disease that finally answers several of my chronic health issues. There are some treatments that work in many adult cases. Unfortunately I tried two and a half months of those treatments twice daily and it didn't make any difference. I am now on an exclusion diet. The more involved I become in the eos community (comprised of those affected by any eosinophillic disorders) the more I realize how much more difficult this could be. I do still get to eat food, though I have to be careful what I eat :) I am so great blessed by being connected to those who are willing and able to help me make this transition that can make me a better mother and more involved person. I look forward to eventually having things well enough under control to even be able to swallow easily!
So now that you're all good and aware, lol, here's the sunshine from my day today:
SPRING is finally coming!!!!! I'm so excited! I saw these crocuses peeking up in my mom's yard this morning. The iris bulbs have poked up too. Enjoy the warmth and color. I know I will :)

3 comments:
I can't wait for spring! Those crocuses are beautiful! In answer to your question, my mom is making Evie's sealing dress.
I'm excited for spring, too! And thanks so much for the tonsil info, Janelle. I'm hoping things go much better than the ENT indicated they could. His procedure is at AF, but they also do the pre-op hop program, so we'll be taking him over for that and I'm sure it will be a big help. I'll definitely contact you if I have questions come up!
And so sorry about all of your health issues. Elimination diet is a pain, but I hope it provides some answers and relief for you!
It's nice to find people who know what you're going through because they've been there.
I loved the crocuses(?) they make me want to plant some in my yard.
Post a Comment