Monday, February 1, 2010

Adios.

Goodbye, January.  I won't miss you one little bit.
You're welcome, WalMart.  Your next pharmacy renovation's on me.  Apparently.
 
I was up early this morning since I couldn't sleep.  When I opened the back curtains the sun was just coming up over the mountains on the other side of the house from this pic.  The moon was still up and mostly full.  The reflection of the sun was brilliant!

I am done with all my antibiotics and steroids.  Now I'm being treated for a pretty large scale fungal infection in my ear.  Best case scenario I will use these drops 3x/day for 10 days and be all better.  Let's just keep hoping and praying that this time the drops will be enough. 
Doc did a CT scan today and ruled out any super nasty worst case scenarios (like infectious tumors).  My CT was not normal, but he said everything he saw could be due to the fungus or if it isn't (I'll know if I don't feel much better in a couple of days) it's all stuff that can be dealt with.  May require more meds or surgery, but it can be dealt with.

So goodbye January.  Don't let the couch hit ya on the way out.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I had to read that last line twice before I realized what it said. Ha, Ha! Thanks for a laugh. Wow. Look at all those meds. Wal-Mart should thank you! But hopefully not for long! Praying for a better February!

ems said...

That was very funny! I didn't even notice that the last line was wrong until I read Jenn's comment. I've just gotten so used to saying it that way that it didn't even phase me. :)

Glad to hear it is not the worst case scenario! Hope Feb is a better month for you!