Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ah, the angellic chorus! The shaft of divine light!


Yup, the ole Diaper Champ was put out to pasture today.  I'm sure it will romp and play in a meadow of nasty diapers.  I don't really care -- as long as it's not necessary here any more!  Sabrina has achieved (knock on wood) "big girl underwear" status. She finally admitted that she really does prefer being a big girl.  Potty training stubborn children is impossible.  As soon as they discover that Mom and Dad CANNOT do it for them, the child starts playing a game of pulling them around by the nose.  Thus ensues the high hopes being constantly dashed, the loads of extra laundry, the tour of EVERY public restroom you come within a mile of.  And when they tire of the game -- ta da.  I wouldn't have had my feelings hurt if she had tired a year or two ago :P

2 comments:

Corilee said...

All's well that ends well, don't they say? This is a good ending. It was one of the rites of passage I didn't morne either.

Good for Sabrina!
Good for you, too! :)

Cheers!

Mither

Jenn said...

Congratulations! That's a great milestone. I'm so glad she finally decided to figure it out. (And, I have to say, I LOVE Mike's pants.) :) :)