Monday, August 24, 2009

Good news!


Saw the doctor today and between last night and this morning the swelling had gone down a bit more, and the hardness changed in the infected area to a little less hard. I still don't feel great, but he said it looked tons better. Yippee!!! I was changed over to an oral antibiotic and he said I ought to be all (or mostly) better in about a week. In the mean time there's still a fair amount of pain / discomfort. Some infection is still clearing out, there's a lot of inflammed tissue, and the incisions were rather angry of course. I'm SO happy to be rid of the IV. When the guy in the IV Therapy place put in the IV he covered it snuggly with the plastic stuff without putting any padding under it. When they took it out today all the ridged edges of the IV had actually cut into my arm. Fairly deep cuts even. Ouchie. Happy to be done with that part. Also, Doc said during one of the incisions someone probably nicked the ligament right there. It doesn't like to be nicked. So now it's mostly just time to heal. Take it a little bit easy this week and then hopefully be good to go!!!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm glad it's getting better! That was quite the ordeal for you,sheesh.

Corilee said...

I had no idea you were even having problems until Sunday night. I'm glad to read that you're getting better and that you have the IV out.

btw I really like your new background.