Walking to the bus stop entails walking out to the sidewalk, up the hill to the corner, then down the hill on the other road to the bus stop. Tuesday morning there were a good 10-12" of snow at our house. So we bundled up and headed out to the bus stop. Kate hurried along to wait for the bus, I broke a trail behind her, and Sabrina wallowed in our wake. She insisted on walking and was having a great time, so I let her wallow.
I was a good 10 or 15 feet ahead of Sabrina. About the time I got to the bus stop I hear her yelling "Help! Mommy!!! My pants!!!!!!" I turned around and... well, her pants were around her ankles! Apparently she had put on some of Kate's jeans. I hadn't looked very close -- just enough to see that she was wearing jeans, shirt, coat, hat, and boots. I didn't know my 3 year old was wearing my 6 year old's pants! I had to run back to Sabrina and hike up her jeans. She was so bundled up she couldn't bend far enough to pull them up herself.
Apparently the jeans had wriggled loose cause they fell down 3 or 4 more times on the way home. I got them snugged up enough that she got to play in the snow with the neighbors while the Mamas were shoveling snow. It was a beautiful snow storm, as long as you weren't obligated to go anywhere!*pics are of the deck in the afternoon. It got several inches deeper before it started to condense with the warmer air. The snow reached the bottom of the second log up!
2 comments:
Poor Sabrina! That would be a little chilly,lol.
LOL! K - that is so funny. I bought Emma some new shorts last year and for some reason they were enormous. She had to hold them up every time she ran. One day we were at Dave and Melissa's house and Emma was out on the back deck. She was yelling at the top of her lungs, scolding a jet that was passing by. We chuckled a bit and then really started laughing hard when we looked out at her and saw that her shorts were down around her feet! Fortunately for her it was summer and so she was pretty warm.
Very funny! Hope Brina didn't get too cold!
Post a Comment