Monday, January 19, 2009

New Math Strategy

The other day the girls were counting things. I don't even know *what* they were counting... but they were. Eventually Kate started "counting down". You know -- 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Blast Off!!! Lizzie kept trying to count down too -- 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, .... "Wait, Lizzie. That's not counting DOWN!" says Kate. Lizzie says "But I'm doing it! 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...." Kate gets totally frustrated. So I tried to help clarify: "Lizzie, you have to count backwards." So Lizzie promptly turned around, backwards, and again counted "5, 6, 7, 8, 9...."
I barely kept from rolling on the floor laughing.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

LOL! Kids are so literal,it cracks me up!

ems said...

That was SO funny!! I totally didn't see it coming and I really did LOL!! Thanks for sharing, i always enjoy a good laugh!