Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Breaking News!

Today we signed contracts agreeing to buy a house!  We've been working in earnest to buy a home for a few months now.  There have been ups and downs and lots of patience required (which is a rare commodity in this household!).  After dealing with a ridiculous bank agent for 3 months in an attempt to take a short-sale home off their hands we were pretty done with short sales.  Then we got to see three homes, all of which we liked, none of which were short-sales!
We were able to come to a concensus with the sellers of this home and are thrilled.  It is a beautiful home here in Springville.  It is up toward the canyon in a lovely part of town, yet still in the same school boundaries we're in right now (due to a funky boundary).  There are many things we like about the house, but here are a few highlights:

Ah, NOT COOKIE CUTTER!!!!  I have never cared for neighborhoods where every house looks the same.  This home is unique, and has some really nice architectural features (it even has a cupola with a weather vane!  Find *that* in a Salisbury subdivision ;))

 The yard is nicely landscaped.  We nicknamed this home the "water house" because there is a fountain in the side yard, this water feature in the back yard, and in their personal items they have an indoor waterfall thingy too.  I can't wait to sit on the patio on a summer evening with a friendly water burble nearby.

 The family room is very important to us.  We like to have enough space for my craft stuff, the tv stuff, and the computer stuff all in the same room.  We like to be in the same place doing things.  My craft table goes by the fireplace.  That way Michael can do that crazy frigid-basement thing he likes and I can turn on the gas fireplace to not become a Tilly-cicle.

 Purty, i'nt it?  Look at the LIGHT!  This house makes such wonderful use of natural light with windows and openness.  I just like it.  A lot.

 This is one problem with the house.  Only one bedroom looks like *this*, and ALL the girls want *this* room.  Who wouldn't?!  It has the most beautiful murals on the walls and even the clouds on the ceiling.  See that little yellow door on the right side of the room?  Well lookie at the secret playroom hidden under the eaves --
it's small, but adorable.

Anybody who knows me knows how important this room is to me.  Look at the size of this tub!  And you'll notice again what a light room it is.  The only draw back is that there's no "poop-room".  I wish the toilet had its own little closet.  But that's okay.  I can deal with that ;)

The closing date is set for April 18th.  We're going to miss the neighborhood here so much!  We've loved where we're living, but it is beyond time for us to have our own house.  Now I just need to find boxes and put our life in them.  That's not my favorite part.

9 comments:

Stacey said...

Congratulations! It's a beautiful house.

J, C, and E said...

Congrats! As much as we'll miss you, I'm glad you'll finally have what you want. Let me know if you need help packing up.

Anonymous said...

This is super exciting news!!! How many bedrooms and baths does it have? The kitchen is gorgeous!

Harmony said...

Oh my goodness! That is such a beatiful home! I saw so many things in that house that I'd like eentually... congrats! You deserve it!

DeAnn said...

Oh my it's GORGEOUS! Totally worth the wait and hunt, IMHO. Congratulations!!

Tami said...

Wow! What a beautiful house! I am so happy for you guys. We will miss you. We have lots of boxes, let me know if you need any.

Kirstin said...

I am so happy for you and your family!!! The home looks perfect!

xantogal said...

How cool! Congrats!

Jenn said...

What a beautiful house! I'm so excited that you won't be renters anymore! Yay!!