Sunday, March 6, 2011

Goals, update 5

Oh, right.  It's the 6th again already?!  Time flies.  Looks like most of this month was a lot of churning in the same place.  

Any new notes I've added this month are bold.  
Completed goals are red.

1- Sew at least one new item of clothing for me.

2- Make living room curtains (hopefully for our own home) -- No decisions made yet.
 
3- Go one mile (run/walk) in 12 minutes or less --  This month (March) I am going to set a goal to walk twice around the park behind our house two times a week.  Let's see how that goes.

4- Clean out and sort jewelry boxes

5- Catch up one year of scrapbooks -- No more progress made this month.

6- Read the entire Book of Mormon -- In the process
 

7- Get a new family picture taken
 

8- Clean out my bedroom closet
 

9- Sort my craft type items (including sewing) -- In the process.  I was hoping to do this as I packed, but now I don't know exactly what's happening there.  I'm still heading that way for now.

10- Make a new temple dress (does not fulfill goal #1) -- Not done yet, but I have been to the temple again which always helps encourage me to make my own dress when I have to rent one.
 

11- Be involved in at least one PTA project at the elementary school
 

12- Get last year's blog book printed and bound -- Almost done with edits.
 

13- Make some nice hair pretties for MY daughters --  I just boxed up all my ribbon, but I could pull it out easily enough if I reclaimed my craft table (as per goal #9)
 

14- Read some classic literature
   
15- Plant something and keep it alive -- I have three miniature roses in my kitchen window.  We also were successful with a holiday poinsettia, so there is hope yet!
 

16- Improve dysphonia to be able to sing again with less pain -- Still in progress.
 

17- Learn two new hymns on the piano --
 

18- Plan and enjoy a family vacation (even if it has to be in Utah County)
 

19- Back up all digital photos on new DVDs (or other storage device) and store safely -- ongoing
 

20- Participate in fruit and vegetable co-op when possible and learn new ways to enjoy produce -- we have an order in to pick up Saturday morning.
 

21- Create a 7 generation pedigree chart

22- Finish quilts for the girls' beds

23- Take a class through the community programs
 

24- Follow FlyLady principles to get/keep the house in a happy state.  -- I'm still making adjustments for what I'm able to do without overextending myself.  My routines are improving, though.
 

25- Read a book by a church leader -- Almost done with "The Coming of the Lord".  I got distracted for a bit there, but am still interested in reading the rest.
 

26- Spend $1,000 to improve financial outlook (pay off debt faster, put in savings, etc.) -- We have this set aside for earnest money.  We'll see how that goes, though.
 

27- Look at the stars more -- I love that it's getting to be not so frigid at night now.  The girls are fascinated by the stars and we love looking for constellations via Google Sky Map.  Haven't spent much time doing it, but as it gets warmer we'll enjoy it more.
 

28- Clean the Sharpie "artwork" off the playroom walls  Oh, right.  That.

29- Update our family's emergency preparedness -- I need to do the rest of the shopping to fix up our 72 hour packs.  Alas, I think this month we'll have to first re-buy all the stuff we just lost from our fridge and freezer! 

30- Learn to use the lenses and settings on my camera -- I decided to work on RAW photos now.  Should make the editing process more interesting all right. 
 

31- Return and report progress on my goals

No comments: