Sunday, March 27, 2011

Memory Space Low

I love taking pictures.  Don't think anyone here would doubt that.  However, I often get somewhere and realize I don't have my nice camera.  I guess the pictures / video on my cell phone are better than nothing, but so often I never even get them off the phone.  As I was running out of space on my phone (heaven forbid I'd be forced to delete significant applications like "Solitaire"!) I finally went through all these forgotten moments.  And here we have a catch up of low quality evidence of high quality memories.

 Kate at Ukulele Club.  She's in the middle of the front row with her pink ukulele.

Lizzie at Jump Club (jumproping).  She's the shortie in the middle there.

Walking between two cars Sabrina was watching her feet and ran her forehead into a side-view mirror!  Quite the painful goose-egg, poor girl.

Kate at the dentist office.  She's got the "elephant nose" on (it's the laughing gas) and she and Sabrina are watching "The Emperor's New Groove" while they wait for her novacaine to kick in the rest of the way before having her pulpotomy done (root canal on a baby tooth).

Springville Museum of Art field trip with the 1st grade.  Lizzie's in the front here of the group I was chaperoning.  The large portrait they're standing in front of is a part of the All-State High School Exhibit.  It's done in colored pencil by my cousin Kristen Brunson and earned the Education Director's Award!

As we continued through the museum we also found these two paintings by Lee Greene Richards, my great-great uncle!

At the end we walked through the sculpture garden.  This was a favorite perch for all the kids.

Now for some old video clips:
Grandpa Southern reading to a whole scad of grandkids 1/2010


Lizzie (in the purple shirt) in her kindergarten production at the end of that school year. 5/2010

1st grade (Lizzie) production of "The Little Engine That Could" in choral recitation.  Lizzie is one of the narrators at the top.  No, you really can't see her, but I promise she's there! 2/2010

The next few are little videos of Kate playing with ukulele club. 3/2011
This first one I recorded particularly for the girls' cousin Eliza Jane:



Finally, here's a clip of Lizzie learning Double Dutch at Jump Club. 3/2011

Aside from cleaning out the storage on my cell phone, I've also done tons of work in the family room this last week.  Here's the picture (taken by Lizzie) of our progress:
That was a BIG job!  Book shelves, craft things, tv stuff, computer stuff... phew!!!

1 comment:

xantogal said...

Every couple of months, I have to sit down and take all the photos and video off my phone too. It's such a pain sometimes! Fun pictures and videos tho!! You have very cute kids :)