Kate: 50 lbs (21st%), 48" (15th%)
Lizzie: 45 lbs (48th%), 43" (10th%)
Sabrina: 38 lbs (46th%), 41" (32nd%)
The girls reading Kate's baptism book with Grandma Jensen
Unfortunately I've had some terrible blistering on the bottom of my foot. We believe it was caused by creases in the lining of the walking cast I was in for a few weeks. The blistering showed up when my foot swelled up after the surgery. I typically have very thick callouses on the bottom of my foot (because I most often go barefoot) so it took a lot of swelling to push the blisters to where they were visible. They kept coming until I've had blisters along the entire ball of my foot on the bottom.
This is a picture of how fantastically well it's healing. I won't show you the earlier pictures because they're just too gross. And I'm not being sarcastic either - they're healing very well! The old callouses are really dark because they were stained by the cleanser before my surgery. So I am still wrapping my foot to keep clean dressings on the blistered portions while they heal.
Last night I had my foot unwrapped for a while. I placed both feet flat on the wood floor while sitting in my chair and kept looking to find a puddle of cold water of the floor, but couldn't see it. Because of the really thin new skin on those parts of my right foot the floor felt cold and wet, LOL.
One BIG mistake I made...
Yesterday we took the girls to see a movie and the cheap theater (How to Train Your Dragon -- awesome movie!). The theater had stadium seating so there were stairs involved. We decided to move higher up in the theater so we would have cup holders. I was carefully watching where my crutches were going so I wouldn't fall (stairs freak me out) and managed to catch the toe of my sandal on the lip of the stair. I couldn't get the crutches around or get my good foot under me so I caught myself with the toes of my right (BAD) foot, putting more than my full weight on it (since I was falling) and bending my foot well past it's current range of motion. Ouch. Ouch. And one more time: Ouch. So today it's a bit more swollen than it has been, and a fair bit more painful. As long as long as I didn't dislodge the clot created to fill in where I'm now missing bone / cartilage then it will be fine once the tendons, muscles, and nerves quit freaking out. That's really what we're hoping for, and most likely how it really is. But in the near future I will continue to avoid stairs when at all possible. When it came time to leave the theater I just sat down on the stairs and with my bad foot sticking out I slid down the way you may teach a tipsy toddler to do it :P Lesson learned.
1 comment:
They do grow so fast. I am constantly having to remind myself that I need to remember they're going to be grown before I know it and I need to enjoy them now!
Sorry about your foot. Hope it is feeling better after the theater fiasco. Good luck and get better.
Lubs!
Post a Comment