Monday, March 22, 2010

Days 3 and 4. Unfortunately still alive. Ugh.

Fever, nausea, throwing up blood, utter exhaustion... I don't feel so good.

Between the highs and lows of this recovery I still feel hope that I won't regret this in the long term, LOL.  I'm hungry finally, but anything I try to eat gets caught in the surgery site.  I think I've drunk no less than 4 gallons of water each day since the surgery.  Ice water feels reasonably good so I've been living on ice water.  I've eaten two scrambled eggs, two smoothies, a bit of yogurt, and coconut kefir.  And some ice cream.  That's all in 4 days now.  Yes, I've lost 8 pounds.  I'm sure there are easier ways to lose weight.  I'm still mainly avoiding dairy, but since it didn't show up as an allergen and since I'm desperate I've been eating some anyway.  I am entirely avoiding wheat though.  Not that wheat sounds good right now anyway...

Lizzie whacked herself near her right eye the other day with something.  I think it must have been on Friday because I thought I dreamed it.  Now she has a bit of a shiner.  Awesome :P


After she got home from school today Lizzie was doing her reading.  She had Sabrina sit on her lap to read aloud to her.  It was just too cute :)  Then Lizzie filled out the paper for me that says she read the book -- including my "signature".  I'm guessing her teacher will know I didn't sign it ;)  At least the teacher knows I'm out of it this week.

Right now I really want a bowl of beef stew.  Yummmmmm.... 

2 comments:

Corilee said...

I loved the picture of Lizzie and Sabrina. What a loving thing for a big sister to do.

I hope your recovery continues to go well.

Stacey said...

That last picture is so cute!

Congrats on the weight loss. ;) I hope you recover soon!