Thursday, March 11, 2010

Aaaachoooooo!!! Itchy... itchy... itchy... scratchy... sniffle...

Today I went through a batch of allergy testing.  So far it's only been the epidermal stuff, nothing injected all the way into the blood.  Next week they'll do some injected stuff to check the negative results.  So far I've had a few definite positives and a couple of border-line positives.
We will certainly not have a cat in our house.  Sad, cause I love cats!  We were planning to get one someday.  But the cat spot popped right up and created a huge welt.  The nurse wiped that stuff off after a few minutes before the reaction could get any more serious. 
As an alternative, birds are out.  I'm apparently allergic to feathers also.  So much for my favorite blanket stuffed with down.  It's my favorite snuggly!  I guess I'm looking for a new favorite blanket now.

Also allergic to cottonwood trees (not a big surprise there), mountain cedar, and oak.


I think I've always known I'm allergic to weeding ;)  At least I seem to be allergic to most weeds they tested.

The foods they tested that seemed to be at least borderline reactive are wheat and soy.  

While the dairy-free eating has been helping my stomach hurt less, cow milk didn't show up as an allergen for me.  I will still be dairy free for the next month (as well as wheat free).  I'm guessing I'll take out soy after that.

3 comments:

ems said...

Bummer dude!! I guess it's good that at least they are finding out what you are allergic to. Good luck finding a new blankie. :)

nora.lakehurst said...

Sounds like alot of ... uh.. fun.

Corilee said...

Sorry about the cat allergy. Does that mean you can't be in a house that has a cat? Hope not!

This must be a hard time for you, all the restrictions and all. I am impressed with your discipline in following that diet, etc.

We will continue to pray for you.

Loves!