Thursday, March 19, 2009
Leprechaun Tricks
On St. Patrick's Day a leprechaun visited our house. He left a note and a clue on the front door while we were gone to pick up Daddy from work. (Okay, actually I set the whole thing up while the girls were playing at the park next door before we left :P ) Kate read the clues and they figured out where to look for the next one, etc. Each clue was tied with a rainbow ribbon (follow the rainbow and all that). In the end they found their gold and jewels hidden in the dryer. It was a ring pop for each of them and Hershey's nuggets (gold wrapped, of course). They had a blast! I also made green donuts with green glaze and we took them to Daddy's work earlier in the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a cute idea.... I'd like to have been there for that one.
I thought I was doing a fun game one year with some rainbow varigated yarn for kate to follow to some gold coins. Well, she never forgot! Every year she has reminded me that the Leprechaun will be coming. I ran to two stores on St Patty's day and they were all out of gold coins so I had to substitute. Fine by me -- it was yummier chocolate :)
This year was fun because Kate could read the clues and she and Lizzie (and technically Sabrina, lol) figured out where to go next. Maybe next year I'll remember in advance and can not be shooing the girls out into the yard to surreptitiously get everything set up!
Post a Comment