Wednesday, May 23, 2012

No More Kindergarten

 Last Friday was Sabrina's last day of kindergarten classes.  This morning she had her end of year testing with her teacher.  So now she is officially done.  

As usual, I'm torn.  I'm delighted with how much she has grown and developed; amazed at all her new skills and abilities.  She does math problems quickly in her head and is reading well above grade level (as usual for our girls.  I see my littlest baby growing up.  Bittersweet for sure.  After her testing she got two movie passes to Spanish 8 theaters and a certificate for a free kids meal at Brick Oven.  So I got a gift card Michael had earned at work to Brick Oven and we went out for a Sabrina & Mommy lunch.
(cut up lasagna does look quite awful in the "cartoony" setting, lol)

I showed Sabrina the pictures of her at her start of year testing and she chose to wear the same jumper.  Now days it has to be paired with leggings.  She has grown so much!

Congratulations darlin' for successfully navigating the introduction to class work, homework, school friendships, and riding the bus.  You've been a delight to everyone around you.


No comments: