At school they have a ukulele club that learns / plays together. This year they had a chance to play at a district board meeting (apparently our school gets a chance to perform once every 7 years, so this is a big deal). I went along as a parent helper.
Unfortunately the bus never came to pick us up!!! They finally got another bus in the area to come around, but had to wait 45 minutes, and were very late. Oops. The kids line up in height order for the performance. Naturally Kate is the line leader :)
The principal introduced the school and they played for the board members. They liked it so much they asked them to come back and play again facing the audience. First performance and they already got an encore!
Then the choir performed a couple of numbers and the ukulele kids squished around the door to listen.
I apologize for the poor quality of this video. I had my camera but forgot my memory card so I had to do this all on really low res. And I was at the back during this piece so I had to zoom way in. Just don't get sea-sick.
The board enjoyed the performance so much they asked the groups to come perform again at a luncheon for the grandparent volunteers for the district! My mom got to come along too as a helper at this one. I love how she and Kate ended up matching.
We had to wait... and wait... and wait... in an itty bitty room with a lot of hyper kids. It was quite something!
Then they finally got to go perform. It was adorable. And the folk songs they performed were favorites of the grandparents'!
I'm so glad Kate gets this chance to play something she enjoys for others. I love when she makes up her own songs and sings them for me too.






1 comment:
She is getting so big.
Post a Comment