I've been putting off this post because I'm lazy. And I wanted to get the pictures all edited and organized. Finally I gotta get this all done so I can get up to date!
Thus: August.
We got to go on a company activity with all the families of employees of Q90 where Michael works. We each got a full day activity wrist band and we all spent the day together up the canyon at Snowbird Ski Resort. It was gorgeous!!!
None of the lines were too bad, which was good. These girls didn't have THAT much patience ;)
All three girls loved the bungee trampoline. It took a little bit, but they all figured out how to do flips. I don't even know how many times they each did the tramp. I was exhausted just watching them!
There was a friendly $20 to whomever from the group could stay on the mechanical bull the longest. Most of the big boys could handle up to a minute. Kate stayed glued to that thing for 5 minutes! I even got it on video. It took some real work for the bull driver to shake her. Lizzie's last time she got almost as long as Kate had too. Sabrina was really sad to be too young for this ride.
The ski lift was tons of fun. We rode up it to get to the alpine slide (which we each rode several times) and to get to the zip line (which none of the girls were heavy enough for, but I rode twice -- once with Michael, once with my mom who came with us too).
Up close! Proof we were all there :)
Alpine Slide
Ropes Course. All the girls did really well on this! The walkways are probably 15 feet above the ground but it was fun!
End of summer splendor. It was breathtaking at Snowbird!
We took the Peruvian Chair Lift to the top of the mountain. It's a long, slow (45 minutes roundtrip) trip. It was nice and cool and a very relaxing break between sliding down mountains and jumping on trampolines.
There were still patches of snow at the top!
Passing over Daddy and The Girls while my mom and I were riding the chair lift to take our turn on the zip line. Up and over them!
We did apply sunblock before our fun day, but apparently we weren't vigilant enough. I love how Lizzie ended up with a hand print of non-burned skin on her cheeks. We were all pretty thoroughly burned and very tired at the end of the day!
To round out the wonderful day we had a company dinner at Brick Oven. The balloon guy there (he's so cool!) made these brilliant creations. Sabrina got Cinderella (who she determined made a great hat), Lizzie got a giraffe she named Linda, and Kate got an alien ray-gun shoulder-sitting hat.
We love the company Michael works for, and this is one little reason why -- they really care about the families of the employees. This was the biggest vacation we had all summer but it was absolutely wonderful. I highly recommend Snowbird Resort in the summer months. And if you choose to go up there -- go for the day pass. We did so many fun things it would have cost us several times what was payed for the passes to do it all! (There were also a bunch of smaller kid bounce toys / rock walls / etc. that just aren't pictured here).
As a sidenote: this seems a fitting farewell to summer post as we got enough snow today that the girls made a snowman! I expect it will get warm again, but it sure is cold today!















2 comments:
So fun! Beautiful pictures of the mountains.
Man!! Now I wish we had gone there when we still lived in Utah :( Great pics btw! Looks like you had a total blast :)
Post a Comment