Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sisterly Love

I'd like to point two things out that we can learn from this picture:

1: Lift up those around you.  Help others reach their goals / needs / potential by lifting them above yourself.  By putting ourselves lower we can lift others above us.  And how much does that truly exalt us in the end run?  Worth a moment on the grocery store floor?  Definitely.

2: As others lift you up, make it easy on them.  Notice how Lizzie took off her boots before stepping on Kate's back?  She didn't want to make it any harder on Kate than necessary.  While you can be grateful for the help of others, do what is in your power to ease their burden as well.  Recognize the efforts of someone on your behalf.

(I took this picture this evening using my camera phone at the grocery store.  Lizzie was thirsty and I simply couldn't pick her up to reach the drinking fountain.)

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Ha! That is awesome!

Jenn said...

That is so cute. You should submit it to some contest--what a sweet example of sisterly love! :) Love those girlies!

ems said...

Way to find the lessons in life! I love that Kate thought of that! So cute!