Thursday, April 21, 2011

This week in review

 It has been such an exciting and busy week -- and it's only Thursday night!  So here is a quick update:

Sunday was the last time Michael and I were helping in our nursery class at church.  We're going to miss these kids like crazy.  See those huge round eyes?  Those are real "Lucy Eyes", as we call them.  And will probably forever call them. 

Kate went to her last Activity Day's activity.  The girls wore dresses to the activity and they washed their faces, cleaned their nails and applied nail polish.  Kate had a blast, of course.

 Kate got to take part in the Hershey Track Meet.  She has been looking forward to this for months!  She did the softball throw (32 feet, 7 inches), the standing long jump (47 inches), and the 100 meter dash (third out of six girls in her heat).  She did an excellent job!  Especially when you consider that her long jump is almost equal to her height!  She looks like a dancer in the top-left picture (softball throw).

Sabrina came with me to the track meet.  She spent her time eating crackers and rolling down a slight incline.  The ground was quite moist and she was soaked and freezing cold by the time we left.

I was a few minutes early picking Sabrina up from preschool yesterday.  They were doing a little Easter egg hunt in a patch of grass.  So of course I had to grab my camera.

Michael and I ran a few errands while Sabrina was at school, and got a text message from our real estate agent that the keys were available for our new house.  We of course ran right over :)  I took Sabrina over as a surprise after I picked her up from school, then we took the other two over later.  Sabrina tried SO hard to keep a secret from her sisters (I hadn't told them where we were going).  They were all riding with grandma.  About 3/4 of the way there she finally burst, telling Grandma where we were headed (not realizing soon enough that of course then her sisters would hear too).  Kate and Lizzie were very excited.

So naturally I've taken a bunch of things over to the new house in the last couple of days.  I can do all sorts of work when I really put my mind to it!  I just have to remember that I have to pay for it eventually.  I've been fighting off some severe pain, but I really want to be part of this.  It's a hard balance.  Last night we went over and ate TV dinners on a blanket in the great room.  Today the girls used large cups to fill up the fountain so it would work.  Yes, we have a hose on a list of things to buy now.


We have had an issue with the house number of our new place.  On the house, and according to USPS it is 713, but according to all tax and government information and Google Maps it's 715.  So the title company made us change it officially.  I have to figure out how to fix two stripped screw heads so I can remove the other two old numbers so we have a nice matched set.  The non-matching numbers look pretty hokey :")

Tonight we had our first non-grandma visitors!  Okay, so it was my brother and his wife and their son... but sitll!  Sabrina always HAS to hold Brek.  That's going to be a problem once he outgrows her.  Lizzie even took a picture of me snuggling with him.  I included it so there is proof I was there and have not been taken over by some cyborg.  He decided he was tired so he was whining a bit.  I was humming back to him and he was 99% asleep when they left.  Then Sabrina needed a turn to take a picture. She ended up with this self-portrait which she calls "Polar Bear".

Tomorrow and the next day are the Big Move days.  Boxes and furniture are on their way!!!

No comments: