Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Money can't buy you love

With no money, but a lot of love, I figured out a present to make for my sweet husband to celebrate 9 years of marriage. I used the Robert's coupon to buy a little stretched canvas for about $2.50. Painted it black, mod podged on the image, and stapled on the ribbon.
The significant part is really the image. I spent quite some time looking like a stalker across the street from this house, lol. This is the house where I was living when Michael and I met, started dating, and got engaged. It is a different color now -- it used to be blue. The text reads "Every Love has a beginning". Sorry about the lousy pictures, it was hard to get a good one in my dark basement without getting too much glare.
 

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ems said...

What a cute idea! I don't know if i could take a picture of the people living in our first house. There's some pretty shady characters living in there now! ;)

Love the pressie! I guess Mike must not read the blog otherwise you'd be giving away the pressie before the appointed day!

I also liked your popcorn post! Sound like a way fun tradition!

Unknown said...

Thankfully the house is in better condition now than it was when I lived there. I was worried that it would look awful.
Michael does actually read my blog, but I gave him his present a little early. I waited SO LONG and then I just gave up and gave it to him anyway :") It was only 2 hours before the actual day, though!