One of my favorite talks was Jeffrey R. Holland today. It was such a powerful talk with such a powerful testimony. The spirit was so strong hearing the blunt knowledge this man has of the truthfulness of the gospel. Another one I loved was David A. Bednar. His council to express and show love, bearing testimony to those we love, and to be consistent was such solid council. The one thing I know I need to work on with my family is consistency. We know what is right, but when illness or complications get in the way it's so easy to lose good habits. If only bad habits were so easily shed!
In Elder Bednar's talk he also tells of some of the trials of consistency with children. Hearing him share the experiences his family endured with unruly children helped buoy me up while trying to properly shepherd my own wriggly brood through all four sessions.
I did make "Conference Notebooks" for the girls to use. I think they turned out really cute. I bought three $.80 composition notebooks from WalMart and covered them with fabric. Lizzie's had to have a ribbon edging cause the fabric was so thick it was easy to peel off. Kate and Sabrina's stayed in good shape though.



3 comments:
Yes Brother Holland's testimony was really powerful. And I loved the choir singing "Oh Devine Redeemer." It was so beautiful. Just a reminder... I want that song sung at my funeral so when the time comes, you remind everyone that that was my dieing wish, seriously.
I can't believe you went to so much trouble for the girls. What cute books.
Those books are so cute! That is a neat idea. :)
As always, darling, crafty, super-cute books!
Conference was fabulous. Loved the same talks as you! We can be friends!
Post a Comment